Monday, January 23, 2012

Busy Sundays

My expectation
On my way home, I walked passed our magic bar (the one I am usually not in when I do magic). I had heard from our owner that he would be there and the place would be open even on Sunday (usually it is closed on Sundays). I was expecting almost no one to be there, and to be able to sit down, relax, talk some magic, and then go home early.

Reality
Instead, the place was almost full when I got there, with two fairly large groups of customers. And just as I walked in, someone had called my boss and said they were coming too. In total, another seven people where on their way. Which would be very difficult to handle alone. So I ended up doing magic until sometime past midnight, with no rest. But our part time bartender Aya, who works in a cake shop during the days, was also there with her friends. She left early and did not help out, but she had brought cake!

Cake
My boss was very happy that I had showed up. When I was leaving, he said: "By the way, just so you know, I will be here next Sunday too, hint hint...", haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment