About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Crane games, magic, and food

My crane game winnings
Yesterday I met one of my magic hobbyist friends. We had Japanese food and talked about magic for a few hours. While waiting for him to get off work (he works holidays and Sundays too), I played a ユーフォーキャッチャー (UFO-catcher, crane game) in an arcade. I played only once, and as luck would have it I got what I wanted, and more. I wanted a small pen knife shaped like a Japanese katana ("samurai sword"). I rarely manage to pick anything in these games, but this time I got it on the first try, and it scraped two other pen knives with it too. I want to use it for one of my magic tricks.  I tried it out later that night in our magic bar, and it seems to work very well. Much better than the pen I used to use.

Playing with a new magic prop

Entrees

Yakitori

Shrimps in mayo, which I had not had in a long time

Ramen salad

Rice wrapped in bacon



No comments:

Post a Comment