Saturday, January 4, 2014

Harajuku, strange shirts and people going to the shrine

This street is also crowded, but not nearly as crowded as the ones leading to Meiji Jingu

On my way to the airport I mad a 10 minute stop at Harajuku to see if they had any new funny t-shirts there. Harajuku is famous for having young girls with weird clothes posing for tourists, but it is also where the Meiji Jingu shrine is located. At New Year, Japanese people go to the shrine for "hatsumode", and Meiji Jingu gets incredible amounts of people (several millions in a few days). This meant that the station was overcrowded and it was difficult to get off or on the train.

Funny t-shirts, and a girl in clothes similar to what you might expect in Harajuku

I did not find very much in the ways of funny t-shirts, but I bought one that said "いいね", which is what Facebook says in Japanese for the "like"-button.

My t-shirt

1 comment: