About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Vodka based food

Yesterday it was Sunday and most restaurants I go to are closed on Sundays. Yesterday, there was a soccer game between Japan and some other country, so one place I often go to was open just to gather people watching soccer together. I went there after the game was finished and asked if it was possible to order food. They were not so happy about that, but I said that anything at all would be fine.

The guy started cooking something in the back, and sometimes came out to fetch things he needed. Like a bottle of vodka. How many dishes contain vodka? Anyway, he made something that he called "Special gumbo", which was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment