Monday, July 22, 2013

Bicycle accident


On my way to work I noticed that one of the biggest and most heavily trafficked roads in Sapporo was blocked and there were lots of police swarming around. Looking closer, there was a fairly mangled bicycle on the road, and people were checking the underside of a car. So presumably a car had hit a bicycle.

I go to work by bicycle on most days, but I have never had an accident. One of my colleagues has had 4 accidents resulting in broken bones during the 7 years he has lived here... He broke his jaw, his collar bone, his leg, and possibly his arm. Nowadays he does not ride a bicycle any more, and says he never will again. Then again, he said so after the previous accidents too, so sometimes we worry that he will start biking again, haha.

When I got to work, I looked for my colleague but even though he lately almost always arrives before me, he was not to be found at his desk... This was a somewhat worrying sign, but later it turned out that he had just gone to the toilet at the time I arrived.

3 comments:

  1. Jag förstår precis hur du tänkte där!!!! :-) Jag hoppas att alla tillgängliga cyklar är ordentligt inlåsta där han inte kommer åt dom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Som jag har förstått det så har någon sålt hans cykel så problemet ska vara ur världen :-)

      Delete