Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kórnik: Castle museum


Here are some pictures from a castle in the village of Kórnik that is now a museum.

There was an extra charge if you wanted to take pictures (doubling the price).

You had to wear slippers on top of your shoes so as not to wear out the floor.


There were lots of armors and weapons, which I like. I used to do historical (European) fencing when I lived in Sweden and we would sometimes visit places with collections like this:









Someone living in the castle was apparently a collector of exotic weapons, so there were also daggers from Asia.

I bought two or three daggers like the one on the right when I was in India, though the ones I bought were in very bad conditions.





I want a hat like this.

I want braces like the one in the center of the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment