Sunday, January 25, 2015

The mystery letter arrives


The letter that the post office did not want to deliver to me has finally reached me. The sender was indeed my first guess of who might have chosen to write my name with Japanese Kanji. My friend who got married last year had sent me a New Year greeting with thanks for attending the wedding.

My name written in a way that will not be delivered.

Since he wrote my name with Kanji, the post office did not believe that it was for me and refused to give it to me even after I explained that that is what my name would look like ("lake" and "mountain") if you translated the Swedish words to Japanese. So the post office sent the card back to my friend. He came to our magic bar and handed it over by hand this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment