Tuesday, December 24, 2013

White Christmas, with a Swedish touch

White Christmas
We have a very White Christmas here in Sapporo. The three day weekend (the 23rd is the Emperor's birthday and a public holiday) saw huge amounts of snowfall here.

Home made Swedish bread
Swedish made Swedish ginger snaps 
Chocolate covered peanuts

I spent the Emperor's birthday out near Sweden Hills, visiting some people I know. Two of my friends from Sweden were also there. We had some Swedish bread baked in the Sweden Hills Swedish style bread oven, and some Swedish ginger snaps baked by one of the other Swedes.



There was also a lot of other food, and I even got a Christmas present! The present was a brush to clean your computer screen, which is handy. I was also forced to wear a Santa hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment