Thursday, May 16, 2013

Meeting a friend from Sapporo in Stockholm


Today I went to my old university in Sweden, but to a part of the university I never visited while studying or working there. A friend I first met in Sapporo now works there. She sent me licorice and other things for Christmas and asked me to bring her Japanese tea the next time I was in Sweden. So today I brought some tea and we had lunch. It was a nice chance to catch up on what has happened during the 4 years or so since she left Japan.


It turns out that while she was doing research on moss and I was doing research on automatic joke generation when we first met, now we are doing similar things. I got some promising contact info, so I will be e-mailing some Swedish researchers in the near future. We mainly talked about her daughter, her dog, private stuff like that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment