Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Street magic in Stockholm


When I was walking around Stockholm looking for a new pair of shoes, I passed a sign that said: "Magic Show". I walked up to the young man standing there and asked him to show me some magic. He did a card trick for me and while he was doing that, more people came up to see what was going on. Then he did a coin trick and a trick where a spectator checked that a slightly suspicious looking bag was indeed empty and then the spectator herself made an egg appear inside the bag. Finally he did a card trick with three spectators.

He guessed that I did magic too (you can usually tell by the reactions of people if they know magic or not) and we talked a little afterwards. When I said I live in Japan, he started speaking Japanese. He knew some simple phrases in Japanese. Apparently he is going to go to Noda in Japan to train some Japanese martial art (that he is already training here) so he started learning Japanese. I did not ask what martial art he is practicing, but thinking about it now, if he is going to Noda he probably does the same martial art that I got a black belt in a long time ago. A random meeting with many strange coincidences.


No comments:

Post a Comment