Friday, August 22, 2014

Barbecuing fermented beans and building illusion props

Innocent looking thing filled with smelly fermented beans

One of my magician friends is getting married soon and he wants to do a big illusion together with me at the wedding party. The location is not great, and there will be people in front, to both sides, and behind the place where we are to do this... This makes things difficult but we decided to try anyway.

Parts of our illusion project

We bought some promising materials and spent a day building huge props. At the end of the day, we came to the conclusion that we will have to start over... But the general ideas seem sound.

His father also does magic as a hobby and every time I visit their place he asks me to show something. This time, the father came out and suggested that since we were out there working, we might also do some barbecuing (which they normally do in the same spot that we were using for building props). We had lots of good food, and some barbecued fermented beans (not so good). He then used this as an opportunity to ask me to show him some new magic tricks, and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment