Saturday, October 20, 2012

Birthday present

A birthday present, for me!

My magician colleagues once told me about a bar where the "mama" sometimes does magic. She used to do a lot of magic when she lived in Kushiro, and is apparently pretty good. I have long wanted to go to her bar, but I just never got around to it. This week I went there for the first time.

One of the few female magicians I have met.
We talked about magic for quite some time, and she told me about her history of magic in Kushiro. She said nowadays she hardly ever does magic anymore, though.

Another woman working in the bar. She said she is exactly the same age as my brother. she looks younger than he does, though.
We talked about a lot of other things too, and since everyone always asks you how old you are in Japan, the subject of my birthday came up ("I will be thirty six in one week"). So she even gave me a birthday present!




No comments:

Post a Comment