Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween zombie magician project (including a home made zombie dove!)



This year there were a lot of Halloween parties on the 27th. This was a Saturday, so I was schedule to work in our magic bar and could not go to any parties.

Me in my home made shirt, wearing my self applied zombie make up, and biting my home made zombie dove. 

One of my friends just came back from a long stay in Canada and had fun memories of Halloween. She wanted to go to some Halloween party on the 27th (and did) and we had plans to meet up after midnight when I might have time to leave the magic bar (we are usually very busy until midnight, and then not busy so I might have a chance to leave early). In the end, she went home before midnight (she had an interview for a new job early on Sunday morning).

Also, we ended up being busier than expected, and I was doing magic until 4:30. So I scrapped my plans of going to one of the bigger parties alone too.

Me after 9 hours of working. The paint is cracking up, the blood has dried up and become strange in places. Still looks fairly OK, though.
I did however dress up as a zombie magician and worked dressed like that, just in case I would have had a chance to leave early and party. A lot of our guests thought that was funny. I even carved a dove out of sponge material and made a zombie dove to go with my outfit.

Step by step of making a zombie dove:
Making of a zombie dove, step 1.
Dove, step 2.

Dove step 3, only thing left is to add blood (by holding it with my blood smeared hands)
On my way to work I went to have dinner at a friends restaurant, and the woman sitting next to me at the counter was a bit freaked out when I sat down. I also ran into a friend in the convenience store on my way to work. He though I looked a bit weird too (but then again, he has a huge blond (bleached) hairdo that stands out among the other Japanese people, so he looks weird too).

Me and my only dinner companion. A rather lonely dinner, with my zombie dove.
I did meet my other friend right before she went to her Halloween party (right before I went to work) just to say hello. While we were talking, some tourists from Taiwan came up and wanted to take a picture of me. My friend also took a picture. Then some other girl stopped and stared at me. It turned out to be one of our regular customers from the magic bar, but she did not recognize me until I started speaking. Then she too wanted to take a picture of me. When she did that, some high school girls also wanted to take a picture, some random guy came up and took a picture with me, and an older man did the same too... Very popular.

Step by step Jonas to zombie transformation:

Step 1, paint white. This year I also wanted to make the skin cut up in to puzzle pieces so I drew some black lines.
Step 2, paint eyes black, add blood on top of the black lines.
Step 3, Adding blood to the shirt by sipping blood in my mouth and then letting it run out of the mouth and drip down. When adding blood like tears, I got blood in my eye which hurt a lot (I make the blood out of syrup, and putting the very sticky syrup in your eye is not pleasant).
During the night, people I ran into around the toilet out side our magic bar also took pictures of me. As did my boss in the magic bar. Lots of fun.

Step by step make up degradation study:

In the toilet after a few hours of working. The shirt looks better, the face is starting to degrade.
In the toilet after a few more hours. The blood on the face is now mostly dried up.
Face after coming home from 9 hours of working. A lot of the paint on the neck is gone. The blood on the neck is weird but still kind of cool. Small parts of the blood on the face still look liquid. Face paint is cracking up, which looks kind of good in general.
On my way home from work I ran into a girl I know who recognized me in makeup. She had been to a Halloween party that she said was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment