Saturday, October 20, 2012

Long time no see

My camera focused on the wrong thing when I tried the self timer... (focused on my hand when I pressed the button I guess)
A friend of mine who is Japanese but spends most of her life abroad (four or five years in the U.S. before we met, half a year in southern France right after I met her, then half a year in Canada, one year or so in Paris, two more years in Canada etc.) is just back in Sapporo and will stay here a few months.


She had had a job interview and e-mailed me asking if I had time to meet for coffee (well, tea in Japan, but still). I left work earlier than normal and headed out to try to find her. She was browsing cameras at Bic Camera, so I ended up getting to talk to one of our magic bar's regular customers (who works at Bic Camera, in the camera department) too!


My friend and I ended up having dinner in a nearby restaurant, which was very nice. She is very funny to be around.

Not the second best pasta of my life, but good
Many years ago when she was also living in Sapporo we once went to a restaurant that had two penguins in an aquarium. There I had the second best pasta I have had in my life (the best was in a very expensive place in Italy). Sadly, the restaurant closed down some time after that... But we ordered a similar pasta this time too. It was not on the level of the penguin restaurant, but it was still good.


My friend wanted to have Creme Catalan but she also saw Gorgonzola cheese cake with honey on the menu, so we had to order both desserts. And some other food. Not great for my dieting, but very nice.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had fun sir!

    Thanks for posting the mouth watering dishes! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I had a lot of fun :-)

      Delete