About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Last years yukata and this years yukata

This year's yukata

I bought a new yukata this year. It is pretty nice, but I think I like the two I bought last year better. I am torn between the red flowers and the white flowers, though. Luckily, there are lots of chances to wear a yukata, so I can make use of all of them.

Last years yukata
A fan I bought for 100 yen (very cheap) that turned out to be great.

This year, I have started doing a magic trick where one of the things that happen is that I pull out a huge sign that says "tettere!". This is a phrase in Japanese that you can use to annoy people. I think it originally comes from a hidden camera TV show where they would have this sound play when they revealed that everything that happened was a set up.


This huge sign fits snugly in my jackets, but turned out to be really inconvenient when wearing a yukata. But since this is the most popular thing I do currently, and the thing everyone seems to remember me for, I figured I would have to attach one anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment