About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Police parked in front of my building


People tell me I live in a "bad neighborhood" (by Japanese standards), and I do see the police quite often. One time some police officers and an ambulance crew came out from the apartment two or three doors down from mine in the corridor carrying a stretcher with a (full) body bag. They asked if I wanted to cram into the elevator with them, but it was pretty packed already so I said I would take the stairs instead.

One time, some police officers asked me to open the (locked) entrance door and let them in when I was coming home, and then they ran very fast out of the elevator towards some apartment down the hall on a different floor than mine.

This time, there was a patrol car parked in front of the building, but nothing out of the ordinary was going on as far as I could tell.

I also get stopped by the police quite a lot, but they are always very polite and nice to deal with.

1 comment:

  1. Men det verkar ju lite spännande mellan varven.. :-)

    ReplyDelete