About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Monday, January 25, 2016

People trying to poison me by mail?


One day when I got home there was a notice that someone had tried to deliver a package but that I had not been home. The name of the sender did not look familiar to me. I called and had it delivered an hour later. It turned out to be full of raw blow fish. So I did what most people would do when they get poisonous fish delivered from some unknown person: I ate all of it for dinner. It was good.


Closer inspection of the inner layer of wrapping (there was a paper bag around a Styrofoam box around a plastic wrap around a plastic cup; they like layered packaging in Japan)  showed that it was actually from one of my friends. It was a thank you for attending her wedding. The reason the name was unfamiliar was that I had never really noticed what her new name would be after getting married.




No comments:

Post a Comment