Thursday, May 15, 2014

Weird ice cream series: Tomato and Carrot


A while back I saw some American mention on the Internet that "in Japan they have all kinds of weird flavors for ice cream" and he exemplified with two Häagen-Dazs flavors: tomato and carrots. He also said he wanted them to start selling those flavors in America so he could try them too.

I figured that since I am in Japan, I should look for these. Yesterday I saw both flavors in the convenience store across the street from my home. It seems to be a series of vegetable ice cream flavors called "SpoonVege".


The tomato and cherry flavor was not good. It was not as disgusting as the "cream stew" ice cream I tried before, but it was not good.

The carrot and orange one was better, but I would still not pay money to eat that flavor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment