Sunday, September 28, 2014

Long awaited presents



One of my magician friends has a habit of always telling me "I am going on a trip, so I will bring back omiyage [souvenirs] for you". And then he never brings souvenirs. Sometimes he forgets, but usually he buys souvenirs and ends up giving them to someone else before he meets me.

Since I gave him a special gift at his wedding, he was also obliged (by Japanese customs) to give me a gift back. He had this gift in his home for two months before he finally managed to remember to bring it to work, where he gave it to me. And we meet 5 times per week, every week, and live 2 minutes by walking from each other! This delivery taking that much time was in some sense quite impressive!

The day I got the gift related to his wedding, I did also get some omiyage from his Disney Land trip. The cookies he and his wife gave me were great, and the Disney Land tea was also very nice. All is well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment