Friday, October 10, 2014

Going to Oxford


Last week I went to Oxford to present our research. On my flight there was a group of over 50 young women all wearing black suits. I wonder where they were going?

On my last business trip to Europe, I had time for some sightseeing and then ended up meeting two girls who not only were from Sapporo but who actually work at my university. That was a huge coincidence, and I was not expecting any such coincidences this time. 30 minutes after I entered Britain, I got on a bus from Heathrow Airport to Oxford, and two guys I know were sitting in the bus and said: "Ah, Jonas? You're going to Oxford too?"

They were going to the same research meeting as I was, though, so it was not that strange to run into them in a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment