About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Surprise at Seicomart

On my way home from our magic bar, me and a colleague who lives close to my place usually walk home. We also usually go to the Seicomart convenience store that we pass at 5 a.m. and buy breakfast/dinner. There is a very nice woman who works that shift who is almost always there when we shop.

Once she laughed a little at my t-shirt that had a salmon eating salmon sushi. My colleague said: "Yes, it is weird, right? And he wears such shirts on purpose!"

I said: "And the best thing is, if you do this, a piece of sushi appears" and produced a piece of sushi from my t-shirt by magic.

She made a very funny face, with her jaw dropping quite a bit. She seemed VERY surprised. We explained that we work in a magic bar, and then left. Probably that was the first time she knew we were magicians. And probably it was the first time someone produced sushi from a t-shirt in their convenience store.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't one of the four sushi disappear from the T-shirt after the trick? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people comment on this, and then I usually point and say: "Now there are only 4 left" and claim that there were 5 to begin with. This does not work so well when you watch a movie clip of the performance, though :-)

      Delete