Sunday, December 2, 2012

Influenza and the wisdom of Sweden

We had a three day weekend here (the Friday was "Labour Thanksgiving Day") and with perfect timing I got influenza on Thursday evening. I was completely out during the whole weekend, which was sad in several ways. An acquaintance from Osaka was visiting Sapporo and was going to come to our magic bar on Friday and it would be the first time in over a year to meet her, but I had to cancel of course.

I found something in the convenience store marked "スウェーデンの知恵から", which means "from the wisdom of Sweden". It is a type of candy with extra vitamin C. Apparently it is supposed to taste like blackcurrant, raspberry, and acerola. We have raspberries and blackcurrants in Sweden, so that part is maybe fine, but I am sure there are other countries with these berries too. There is no acerola in Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment