Sunday, March 31, 2013

Death sauce and pineapples for your lap


Finally, our guests also brought "Death sauce", a very spicy sauce. It physically hurts in your mouth when you eat this sauce. We put it on some strawberries and on some potato chips. I don't like it, it is too sour for my taste.


They also had a can of sliced pineapple. This was because last time they came we were talking about strange food combinations and my boss mentioned he did not like pineapple in "subuta", pork in sweet and sour sauce, a common Chinese dish in Japan. I mentioned that in Sweden it is common to see pineapple on pizza, but he misheard me and thought I said "In Sweden it is common to put pineapple on your lap", pizza being "piza" and "lap" being "hiza" in Japanese. Our guests thought that was very funny, and brought some pineapple for our laps this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment