Friday, August 15, 2014

Super spicy food


After the bon-odori (O-Bon dancing) I stopped by a bar where one of my friends works. He asked me to show some magic to two women also there. I showed them some things and they seemed entertained, though one of them was seriously drunk and it was a bit unclear if she understood what was magical about  some of the things going on. One of them had a cigarette case that looked like she might be a magician, but she said she was not.


I then stopped by one of our magic bars. There, three women had ordered "Spicy chicken, Russian Roulette". This means you get five pieces of delicious spicy chicken, and one that is extremely spicy. I have gotten used to eating things covered in Death Sauce (kind of like a very spicy tabasco), but our Russian Roulette chicken is much worse than that.

The woman who drew the bad piece of chicken turned out to be not very good at dealing with spicy food, so she could not finish the whole piece. I said: "I have been told that it is rude to leave food in Japan, though". Which lead to me having to finish the super spicy chicken for her... It has been a while since I last ended up eating our Russian Roulette chicken. It seems I have become fairly used to it, but it still hurt quite a lot for 10 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment