Sunday, August 26, 2012

A very sudden request

I spent every day during this week working until 22:00 or later, which meant having dinner very late. On Thursday I went to Bottom Cafe to have some dinner and it turned out that they were having some kind of very loud party there. I got my food without problems though.

One of the organizers of the party had seen me do magic before, and suddenly he grabbed a microphone and said: "And now the foreigner at the counter will do a magic show!" Which I was not really prepared for. The room was full of drunk people, very loud, and there were people all over the place. So I would have to perform something with an immediate punch (before people lost concentration), something that is angle proof (since I was surrounded), and something that does not require much talking, and which people can see from far away.

I asked someone to pick a card, then hammered a nail into my nose and used that as an ESP antenna to detect what card they were thinking of. That went over quite well.

Afterwards, the owner of the bar said "Sorry you were forced into doing magic like that" and bought me a drink. I asked for whatever was most popular during the party and ended up with something called "Monkey Punch". Seemed to be peach liqueur with pineapple juice. Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment