Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fireworks festival!



We arrived in Sapporo around two in the afternoon, and from seven in the evening the big Toyohira-gawa fireworks festival was on. I went home, got in the shower, jumped into my yukata (kind of a summer kimono; everyone must wear yukata when going to see fireworks) and walked out to the Toyohira river. It is only a 10 minutes walk from my home.

I met up with two of my friends from Sweden. They had come to Sapporo while I went to Sweden! We saw the fireworks together a few years ago too. They come to Sapporo a lot. 

People waiting for the fireworks to start.



My Swedish friends showed up with food!

A friend of mine was staying in the hotel that had the best view of the fireworks. 



















These people had a huge sheet and in total only three people showed up... maybe they could have used a smaller blanket.

Leaving the river area after the fireworks is slow, since there are many thousands of other yukata clad people trying to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment