Sunday, August 19, 2012

Swedish salmon and a huge shock!


Salmon baked in the oven.
For dinner, I asked my mom to make salmon since that is a typical Swedish thing to eat. She also baked some bread.
My mom's walnut bread
Salmon, fish roe and dill sauce, and potatoes. Very Swedish.

When taking pictures of the bread, my Canon S100 camera decided to just give up and stop working (with the infamous "lens error"). This was bad timing! I still had one more day in Sweden (I took several hundred pictures per day in Sweden), and on the day of arriving back in Sapporo there was also the years big fireworks festival... And another festival two days after that, so I might be without a camera for three big events.
A dead Canon S100...

Luckily, my dad is a camera nerd, so he has lots of old cameras that he no longer uses. He lent me an old Sony camera so I had something to take photos with, even if it was not as good as my newer Canon.

Raspberries, cherries, and a blueberry pie

Blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.
We also got blueberry pie for dessert. No wonder I always gain weight when I go to Sweden...

No comments:

Post a Comment