Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swimming

The nice daylight view on the way to the bathing cliffs
My mother told us that when she was young she and her friends believed that swimming in the sea (which in Sweden means swimming in fairly cold water) was good for losing weight. Which it probably is. So she and her friends were swimming all the time during the summers (in the winter the sea freezes over, so you have to drill holes in the ice to swim, which is annoying).

I used to jump into the sea from this place with my cousins when I was a kid.




After eating way too much, me and mom went swimming, and my brother, his bride to be, and my Japanese friend tagged along just to watch. Apparently they do not feel they need to lose weight. Good for them. Too bad they missed out on swimming in wonderful weather and a very clean sea, though.



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, I have not been swimming this season at all:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been swimming here in Japan (and did not swim a single time last year either), but every summer I go swimming in Sweden. Weird :-)

      Delete