Friday, November 7, 2014

Lonely birthday celebration


I was in Tokyo on vacation Sunday to Tuesday, and I was in the Tokyo area for work on Thursday to Friday. Wednesday I was in Sapporo, working as normal. Wednesday was also my birthday.

I spent the day working until very late, as usual. Then I rushed to a restaurant I like, and planned to have dinner there. They said: "Ah, Jonas. Happy birthday!" Then they said: "We are all out of rice, so bye-bye", and sent me home. I was too late to get any food.

All my friends either work during the evenings and nights or they work during the days so they do not want to hang out during weekday evenings. So I ended up buying a nutritional bar of the SoyJoy brand for dinner. Very healthy, I am sure. I even got a candle to stick into the food. But it was a bit of a lonely birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment