Thursday, November 6, 2014

Zombie or Frankenstein's monster


I was asked to do a magic show at a Halloween party held at a bar where I often eat. They said it would be best to come dressed for Halloween. Since I was flying to Tokyo the next morning and had to get up at 6 a.m. I was thinking of going as a "foreigner". I once wore a blond wig and a big "Westerner nose" and a t-shirt that no Japanese would ever wear to dress up like a foreigner, which people thought was funny. This is good because it takes only a few minutes to get out of your costume and into bed.


In the end, I decided to try some new makeup things instead. I tried making something that looked like stitches (which came out pretty nice), some torn skin under the eye (turned out much smaller than intended, and the fumes from the glue really hurts the eyes), and some torn skin on the forehead and cheeks (turned out so-so).


This took forever to get off once I finally got home. Since I got home at three in the morning, I ended up sleeping only one hour before getting up and rushing to the airport. But it was fun. And I won second place in a costume competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment