Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Drunk magicians and free food


On my way back to my hotel with easy access to the airport (I had to fly back to Sapporo the next morning of course), I had some time to stop by a magic bar near the hotel too. Since it was pretty late, there were not so many other customers there, but there were two. The magician Toto did some very nice magic for them. He was very drunk from having gotten lots of drinks (as a form of tips) from guests earlier or something. He then asked for one of the other magicians working there to take over, but the bartender informed him that he had sent all the other magicians home earlier. So Toto asked me to do a short performance for the guests.


I did, and they seemed very happy. They said that they were going to recommend our magic bar in Sapporo to their friends living in Hokkaido. I also got some food as a thank you. The food there is really good, but since I had an enormous buffet dinner at work and then another dinner with the Akira Fujii lecture group, I was not that hungry anymore...


No comments:

Post a Comment