Friday, April 17, 2015

My first presentation in my new lab, and Settlers of Catan


Yesterday I did my first presentation in the lab I now belong to, and this was the first time I met any of the people in this group. I gave a short overview what I have done in my life so far (mostly about my work). After the seminar was over (there were other presentations too), I was invited to stay around and play board games. We played one game of Settlers of Catan, but then I had to leave to catch the last subway train home (I usually go by bicycle but it was raining heavily and I had to lug around my computer which does not do well with rain, so I had come by subway). They have lots and lots of board games, and they seem to be very nice people.

2 comments:

  1. Åhhhh.. En sån hylla blir jag SJUKT avundsjuk på!! Jag älskar boardgames!! Skulle inte få nåt gjort på den arbetsplatsen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labbet verkar styras av en sträng men rolig och trevlig professor, så de får nog en del gjort ändå. Man får ju också tänka på att i Japan tycker professorer att man ska tillbringa minst 16 timmar per dag (7 dagar i veckan) i själva labbet. Utöver det bör man väl även gå till lektioner i andra klassrum. Så det finns väl en del timmar till brädspel också :-)

      Delete