About Me

My photo

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), now live in Sapporo (Japan). Hold a Ph.D. in computer science and work with computers during the days, perform magic in a bar during the nights (and weekends, for kids). Also used to teach historical fencing back in Sweden.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Funnily shaped food


In the Sunshine City aquarium they have a cafe. They were closing when I passed by, but I noticed that they had a menu with funnily shaped food, so I asked if they would allow me in for just a minute to buy some stuff. They kindly did.



They had caramel and coconut latte drinks that came with fish drawings, but I don't like coffee so I did not order that. At lunch they also serve curry with the rice shaped like fish or penguins, but it was too late to order food like that.


I ordered nikuman (steamed bread with meat) and anman (steamed bread with sweet beans) shaped like a penguin and an octopus. The one with meat was pretty good, though the white parts were a bit dry. The octopus had too much sweet beans, which makes your mouth go really really dry and is a bit boring to eat. The octopus arms were made from mochi, sweat and very gooey rice, which was a pleasant surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment